Implementation of ITS project in Nigeria
AMCO awarded a new contract for the procurement and installation of an integrated fleet management and passenger information system at Warri, Nigeria. This is a very important contract, since it’s the first ITS project implemented in Nigeria and will include:
- Fleet management and real time passenger information software.
- On-Board units and telematics (GPS/GPRS) device.
- On-Board RF modems for the implementation of priority system at traffic lights.
- Smart bus stop LED displays.
- On-Board passenger information LED displays
The project will finish unit the end of June 2015 and it is expected that will provide new advanced services at 45,000 passengers per day.