Electric Bike Sharing System in the Municipality of Korydallos
AMCO undertook the implementation of a new shared electric bike rental system in the Municipality of Korydallos.
The aim of the project is to strengthen and improve the micro-mobility of the Municipality, reducing the use of cars for short distances, motivating citizens to use smart mobility systems and decongesting the road network.
The project includes:
• 42 electric bikes distributed in rental stations
• 3 electric bicycles for the disabled
• Rental station charging system
• Bicycle rental terminals with integrated charging system and touch screen.
• Issuance of smart cards for renting bicycles
In addition to the equipment, AMCO will also supply the corresponding Bike Rental Software.
Citizens will be able to rent a bicycle through the infokiosks that will be installed at each station, either through the web application, or through the smart card that will be issued by the system. The new shared electric bicycle rental system from AMCO, comes to strengthen the “smart” infrastructure of the Municipality of Korydallos, making the citizens’ movements faster, safer and more sustainable.